Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Yellowstone: Part 1

We finally made it! I kept telling Kyle that I wanted to go somewhere new this Summer and we decided we would start with Yellowstone. It was a little scary going somewhere new but we finally just packed up and left. I seriously think that it was one the the best decisions we have made. haha It was the prettiest place I have ever been and we already wish that we could go back. If anybody is going let us know!! Because we absolutely loved Yellowstone we have tons of pictures and I'm really bad and narrowing down things so sorry for the picture over load...for reals there are tons. Here is day one!!

Yellowstone!! We took my little sisters Jenae and Jacee. They thought that they were just going for a normal camping trip but ended up loving it there too.

This Geyser didn't stop spraying the whole time we were there. It was pretty cool to watch all of them go off. There are tons all over the park.

I couldn't get over how pretty and rich the colors were. One of my favorite things there were all the rivers and waterfalls.

Me and my handsome man by a river.

Jenae, me and Jacee at one of the rivers.

Old Faithful was on the top of my list of things to see so that is were we headed first. It was so amazing to see. I can't believe that it goes that high and so often. Defiantly a must-see.

After Old Faithful we stopped at Black Sand Basin. Behind us is Cliff Geyser going off. All the Geysers made everything so steamy outside. We kept saying that you would never know if Yellowstone was on fire or not because of all the steam that is everywhere.

One of the many pretty springs.

I can't get over the bright colors!

Jacee and I by Emerald Pool

The girls at the bottom of the hike to Mystic Falls. I thought that the log was super cool.

I loved how thick the trees were, this picture kinda gives you the idea.

This is the view of the river that we had for most of the hike. It was SO pretty!

This is the end result. I got sick (like always) on the way up to the river but it was so worth the 2.5 mile hike.

Grand Prismatic Spring. It was huge! 200 ft wide and over 42 ft deep. Again...the colors were amazing.

Grand Prismatic Spring and view

On our way home we decided to take a little 2 mile detour to Firehole Falls and this was our reward.

No comments: