Sunday, October 24, 2010

City of Romance

It took a little convincing but Kyle and I went to Paris for a day in the middle of our Portugal trip. I'm so glad that we did. We LOVED Paris! It is the most amazing city. It was sad that we didn't have a ton of time but we did well with our precious hours. We only had 24 hours and I wanted to make sure we hit the top must sees there. First on our list.... the Eiffel Tower!

Oh. My. Gosh! It was amazing! And HUGE! Its way bigger then I thought. We flew into Paris at about 7:00 but by the time we got to the city and found our hotel it was dark. We wanted to go find the Eiffel Tower and hopefully get a little bit of our survivor shopping done that night because the next day we were flying out at 7:00 and we wanted to fit in as much as possible during the day. I'm so glad we saw the Eiffel Tower at night. It was so pretty!

We didn't realize how late it was because of the 8 hour difference but at midnight the Eiffel Tower twinkles. I am so glad that we lucked out to see the show. The park was packed with people there to see it.

The next morning we woke up to rain. We didn't really think about France being so much farther north then Portugal and there was a good storm there for the past couple days so it was a little colder then normal and we weren't very prepared to say the least. All we had were flip flops and shorts and no jackets. We woke up and went to the top on the Eiffel Tower. It was an amazing view!! It is super high so the wind gave us a good chill but the view was beautiful!

Next on our list was the Notre Dame. It was still cold so we stopped in a store on the way and got me a new fun Paris sweatshirt. The minute we walked out of the store the sun came out. Just my luck but I got a cute hoodie from Paris so I guess I can't complain. Notre Dame ended up being really cool. There were hundreds of gargoyles and the whole area around the Notre Dame was all Gothic.

Last must see stop on our short lived trip to Paris was the Louvre. I had heard a little about it but I honestly couldn't believe how big everything was. The Louvre alone was HUGE. To see everything it is supposed to take you 3 days. Its 7 miles of the most famous, original art in the world. A-Mazing.

Inside the Louvre the paintings covered the walls. It was nothing like I was expecting. The paintings were huge. Some were about 20x30 feet. No wonder they are so famous.

The Mona Lisa. Honestly I don't know why it is such a big deal but it is and I got to see the real deal! It was super small compared too the rest of the paintings but more what I was expecting so I wasn't disappointed.

Other then finding the Mona Lisa my other favorite part of the Louvre was the Greek statues. They were super cool too see. The Louvre was definitely amazing to see. Next time I would just not wear flip flops. I was about in tears by the end of the day. Kyle was so nice to me and bought me some softer shoes before we flew back to Portugal. It was a life saver the rest of the trip. He is so good to me. I don't know what I did to deserve him. This trip was perfect and I was so happy to be there with him. It was really sad to leave Paris. I hope we can go back there again some day.

I promise the rest of the trip is to come...if anybody reads this anymore.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

i love it... that is soooo cool that you went to paris for a day! Looks like you have a fantastic time!

Dan Jensen said...

Sounds like such an awesome experience! Paris looks beautiful...one day I'll go there lol!

The Alvey's said...

Hey I read your blog. When you post. So get on it sister!