Wednesday, March 18, 2009

First Attempt

Wow! Snowboarding is really fun but it hurts so bad!! I know that it will get better and that the first time is the worst so that gives me hope. Mandi, Jazz, Mike, Kyle and I went up to Brighton for a little bit of night boarding before the season was officially over. Kyle and I were feeling a little bummed cause we didn't get a chance to fully take advantage of the snow this winter. I'm glad that we got to have a little fun before it is gone. I was actually surprised that after the first run I started to figure things out a little bit. There are advantages and disadvantages to this. The good thing was it didn't take an hour to get down the hill anymore and it is a lot more fun when you are on your feet and in control. The bad thing is the faster you go the harder you fall. I learned this lesson good a couple times. I never would really fall back but I sure shot forward a couple times and my knees paid for it. I was waiting for the bruises to hit before I posted so I could share my beautiful battle wounds but they came and left as fast as when my board would flip forward and I was flying through the air. Besides the 3 day recovery period, I loved the trip and can't wait until next year when there will be powder instead of ice and we can go work our magic again. Funny how bodies are so quick to forget the pain. I guess without this little quirk we would be too scared to live life.
Kyle, Me, Mandi, and Jazz after the first run.
Yup, that's me up and going! I still couldn't tell you if I'm normal or goofy though.
Me, Kyle and Mike
After the first couple runs Mandi and I were confident enough to tackle the mountain ourselves. I know that the boys loved to go off and finally feel some speed! We needed a little break half way down and this is the product....

No comments: