Friday, September 24, 2010

Yellowstone!! Yes it was almost 2 months ago

So I know that I'm horrible and slacking but a lot has been going on here lately and to be honest even thinking of looking though 700+ pictures from Yellowstone and then 900+ more pictures from Europe gets me feeling a little overwhelmed to say the least.

Oh man, we had a lot of fun this summer but I'm defiantly not ready to start scrapbooking all these great memories. Where to start? I finally bit the bullet and looked through all the thousands of pictures. Pretty sure it took me hours and afterwards I still needed help from Kyle to narrow it down even more. Good thing he's so helpful because I think he got rid of about 15 extra scrapbook pages....I'm not counting how many I have too do yet...I want to feel like I've at least made a small accomplishment before that number gets thrown around. So to say the least these next 5ish posts may or may not be loaded with pictures. I will try to tone it down a bit but when you have so much to work with what are you supposed to do just not share them? Deciding has never been one of my strong talents.

So to start it off...YELLOWSTONE!!! One of my most favoritest places on earth. It. it. beautiful. I was really hoping to see a bear and a moose this time and....

Meet mother moose and her little baby. So cool. We were still about 20 miles out of West Yellowstone when we saw her and we had to turn around about 3 times and finally park for about 5 minutes before I saw her. Lets just say I'm blind and thank goodness Kyle was there to be my eyes. Next time I'm going to have him find me a big male moose....cause I'm obviously not going to accomplish that on my own!

Me and Popsy hanging outside the car in a traffic jam in Yellowstone. Isn't he cute. I love my Dad! I was so excited to take my family to Yellowstone. Only my Mom had been and that was about 40 years ago so it was new to all of them.

Mammoth Hot Springs. It was so amazing to see.

Jacee, Dad, Mom, Jenae, and Kaden. They almost didn't stop here cause they were too hot from all the walking at the first stop but I'm pretty sure they didn't regret it. It was really cool to see.

Over by the East entrance there was a lot of Rangers and I knew it had to be a bear. Right after we stopped this little guy ran right in front of our car. I got a little more excited then a normal 23 year old girl would but Kyle still loves me so its all good.
Petrified Tree. I have never seen one before. I thought it was pretty cool. They said that it was a Redwood???

After Mammoth Hot Springs and our bear adventure we headed down to the "Grand Canyon of Yellowstone" and we found this guy. There were TONS of buffalo everywhere but we were seriously like 15 feet from him and he didn't even care. Probably not the smartest idea but we lived and got the picture so whatev.

Second 1/2 of the trip will be posted soon...hopefully....

No comments: